Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Sketch Challenge

Dude Time Doodles this is your sketch challenge hostess, Tammy, welcoming each of  you and hoping once you have seen the sketch, know what the prize is and have seen what the design team has created, you will decide to play along. 

So, we finally made it to March and March brings us, Ash Wednesday on March 9, the first day of SPRING on March 20, and St. Patrick's Day on March 17!  But, did you know today is "Old Stuff Day", "Dr. Seuss Day" and "Namesake Day" and yesterday was "Pig Day" (I personally hate that I missed that celebration). 

All the Dudettes have gathered today to entice you into joining our monthly sketch challenge, held on the first Wednesday of each month. 

Our sponsor this week is the FABULOUS  "TLC Creations"  and one lucky winner will get a chance at a $10.00 gift certificate to the store. TLC Creations specialize in creative sayings and word art, also digi graphics, colored graphics, papers and vintage digis. And Paulette, the creative genius behind TLC Creations, has a wonderful blog full of freebies and a list of upcoming "days" to celebrate to keep you informed.


The sketch:

THE RULES
  • You will have one week to flip the Sketch, twist the Sketch, work the Sketch and submit the Sketch.
  • You are not required to use Bonibleaux Designs Digis although it would make us really really happy and giggle a lot if you did!
  • MUST be a masculine themed card, you can use humor, innuendo, be a little naughty, sarcastic, but it has got to be for a DUDE!
  • Be sure to use the InLinkz below to submit your creation.
The winners will be announced here on March 8th

To coax you along, take a look at what the design team has created with more fantastic images from Bonibleaux Designs Digis

Schyler Skis 

Conrad Construction 

Ollie Octopi

Shamus Shamrock

Rough Night Rodney 

Pete the Plummer 

Shamus Shamrock

Roman the Destroyer 

Eskimo Joe 

Harold Hammock

Deputy Dave 

And I am very pleased to introduce you to this month's 

Guest Design Team Member 

Super Trooper Tripp


Hi…My name is Crystal
I was born in a small cabin in the woods without running water….. uh, wait….wrong story.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
My artistic abilities didn’t start in a cabin.  But they started very early on.  There isn’t a time I can remember that I wasn’t creating something artistically, drawing, painting, sewing, the list goes on and on. My family was always encouraging me to try anything ‘arty’.  Most of my jobs were art related.   I did pastel portraits at Six Flags over GA when I was just 16 yrs old. (I was the youngest artist there).  I made sand paintings for a company.  Jobs that weren’t art related…. Well, I made extra money doing some things for the company’s marketing departments on occasion.  I found a way to do my artwork!!!!
Which brings us to present day…….  I’m a SAHM that now has the opportunity to “play” all the time.  I still paint portraits and murals.  I make paper crafts.  I sew, crochet, knit….anything that keeps my hands and mind working.
Thanks for the opportunity to join in as a guest designer this month……it will be great working with all of you!!!!


Be sure to check back on the March 8th to see if you are the winner of the sketch challenge and don't forget this month's Freebie Challenge starts next Wednesday, March 9th, your chance to become a 
Guest Designer for a month on Dude Time Doodles. Here is a little tease of the freebie that will be offered for a limited time:


One last thing before you go. If you haven't already, be sure to get your copy of the Dudeville Hollow Holla by clicking on the post below.  Just be sure you are not drinking when you read the newsletter, otherwise, you will be showering your computer screen while laughing. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Dude Time Doodles 
and 


4 comments:

Hetty said...

Wonderful cards Dudettes!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

The Dudettes-including Crystal- have done a fabulous job on the cards- love the great sentiments too.

Nancy said...

ok Dudettes...you all have totally ROCKED this sketch...ohh my...out did yourselves...I totally love the Hollow Holla..I was cracking up reading it...what a perfect addition to this already great site...

Welcome Crystal...you are absolutely going to love working with the Dudettes...they are all just FABO...can't wait to see your creations....

Hugs
Nancy

Anonymous said...

This was a fun challenge, sorry I missed the closing. I still completed the card if you'd like to see here it is. http://bit.ly/dGUsUJ